Sunday, May 18, 2008

ode to the talented rebecca harper

i finally tried the technique rebecca challenged us to try (on the great mdw blog). i had this idea in my head that i did not want to do it all one color so i painted in one color and embossed in another color rather that clear embossing powder. it looks pretty sloppy and not very cute, but i think i am gonna just deal with it, make it cute somehow and make a book about me. so that is my ode to rebecca the awesome artist who always comes up with the cutest little touches that just make a project stand out. she has a great class coming up at mdw, the cutest father's day book you will ever see anywhere, ever. it is so great. you must check it out here http://www.mydaughterswish.com/calendar.php
and here is my prima embossed chipboard album cover painted in kaiser kraft candy paint (thanks daniela, did you know i used your paint on saturday night?) and ranger stream colored embossing powder, oh yeah and the chipboard letters are heidi swapp.

looks a little crazy doesn't it? well, it is an upside down u for an n and i think it does look pretty weird but like i said, i am just gonna deal with and make it cute someway or another. i will post it again after i cute it up. someone please, post a challenge to finish whatever project we started with becky's technique challenge!

5 comments:

rebeccaharper said...

This is way too cool nanc.... I love the reflective color of the blue on the pink.... great job!

Unknown said...

I love these two colors together.. my fav girl! Great job at the challenge!

WriterGirl said...

that candy paint looks awesome!! glad you tried the technique...I want to try it this week!

Casey said...

I didn't even notice the upside down u as an n! I think this will look spectacular when you are done with it - you're off to a great start!

Sharon said...

Nanc, this is so cool. I love the colors you picked. I also like the "unfinished-ness" about it.
I am sure you will nanci it up with a few choice embellishments and it will be singing!

just discovered your blog. Love your writing!

Sharon F.