Friday, May 9, 2008

sweet pain from the addled brain

On my way to work today my mind went into deep thought mode. I was thinking about why we as human beings tend to set ourselves up for heart ache and disappointment. Do most of us do this or is it just people like me? In particular, I am talking about my pursuit of "emotionally unavailable" people. I have this terrible knack for finding people who are just so dam hard to get close to, and then I can't stop myself from trying. Why is that? Why do we continue to do things that we know in the end will only cause us pain? Is it like playing with that loose tooth you just can't stop wiggling around even though it hurts? On the flip side, I am so grateful to God for having so many great friends and a sweet husband and my wonderful kids, who are all "emotionally available"!!! Well, it's Friday! I am so happy. I love Friday. I will be scrappin' tonight with my girlies. How 'bout you?

2 comments:

rebeccaharper said...

welcome, welcome, love that you have joined us here in the blog world.... you have a great talent and lots of great things to say..... yeah for Nanci

Tab said...

I feel ya girl!! I loves ya! And I promise to be 'available' whenever you need me! You are the best in the west sweetie!